THE MIP GARDEN
Visit the MIP garden for an interactive tour, smell and touch the Mediterranean flora. The garden in partnership with the International Perfumery Museum (MIP), makes you discover the flowers and plants used for the creation of perfumes.
On 2.5 hectares divided into several plots, enjoy a nice olfactory stroll. You have the choice between a free or guided visit. You have the possibility to picnic in the garden. Extend your experience by signing up for workshops with your children. Throughout the year, events take place in the MIP garden: exhibitions, stands, workshops... Don't miss the rose harvest, exclusively in May.
An interactive botanical garden
Discover the interactive PIM garden that awakens your senses. Venture into the plots to smell and touch the flowers and their foliage. For each species, you will find an explanatory panel on the history, origin and use of the flowers in perfumery. Live this experience as if you were choosing the fragrances for your new perfume.
An olfactory tour of the garden
The MIP garden, thanks to its trail, allows you to discover the fragrances and olfactory notes used in perfumery. The olfactory trail begins at the top of the pathway where fragrant plants, aromatics and some of the perfume plants of the Grasse region are mixed together.
The plants are classified by olfactory zones: floral, woody, fruity, culinary spicy and herbaceous... Approach each plot to smell these different odors while passing your hand through the plants. Among the species found there, some are used in essence and others serve as inspiration for the perfumer.
The plant conservatory
The conservatory occupies 2⁄3 of the botanical garden and replicates the flower fields cultivated at the time. There is the cultivation of perfume plants from Grasse such as roses of May, irises, clary sage, narcissus, pelargonium rosa, jasmine... You can admire a magnificent plot dedicated to the cultivation of centifolia roses. Other Mediterranean plants are present such as thyme, blackcurrant, lemon grass, olive tree, vine, wheat...
In May in the MIP garden, you can pick the May roses. Ask for your small basket at the reception
A refuge for birds, insects...
Thanks to its plants, the MIP garden allows animals to live there. A multitude of species live together like birds, bees, butterflies... There are even nesting boxes made especially for blue tits. While turtle doves make their nests in the trees. Around the canal that divides the garden in two, you can see dragonflies, amphibians, reptiles...
The MIP garden is 100% organic. No chemical or harmful substances are used to preserve biodiversity. The gardeners maintain the place in the respect of nature.
Visit the MIP garden on your own or with a guide. Once a day, a themed guided tour is offered: botany, distillation and extraction of perfume essence...
You will learn more about :
- the history of plants
- the use of the flower in perfumery
- the families and particularities of each species
- Typical Mediterranean plants
The access to the garden is not free, but the guided tour is totally free. Find the schedule of the guided tour :
- April, May, September, October and November: Saturday at 3:00 pm
- June to August: Saturday at 10:00 am
Workshops of the garden
The PIM garden organizes several workshops for all ages. Share a nice moment with your children or with friends, thanks to the many choices of workshops. Workshops in the botanical theme and initiation to perfumery are proposed. Reservation of the workshop is mandatory.
Kids will love the workshop selection:
- Garden wildlife: Observation workshops to understand the relationships between plants and animals and their survival methods.
- Artistic plants: Creative workshops to create a herbarium or plant prints in Land Art.
- From seed to flower: Planting workshop to discover the anatomy of plants, their reproduction and dissemination.
- Draw me a landscape: An artistic session to learn about the plans and framing of a landscape.
- Landscaping: Workshop to sketch a landscape plan to learn about the architecture of the PIM garden.
Numerous free events animate the PIM garden throughout the year. Among the most important, you will find :
- The festival of nature: various stands on biodiversity, professionals are present in the garden
- Rose, une Caresse: a charity event to offer a moment of well-being to cancer patients at the Centre Hospitalier de Grasse
- Rendezvous garden: various stands related to the garden and guided tour
- Exhibition in connection with the International Perfumery Museum (MIP), which takes place in the greenhouse
- Book festival: various workshops related to books and the garden, for young and old
- Free concerts are held in the MIP garden
- A demonstration of perfume creation by a professional
To know the agenda of the events of the MIP garden, follow the facebook page : Friends of the PIM Garden.
Picnic in the garden
Your break in the picnic area of the PIM garden surrounded by beautiful flora and scenery. Sit under the pergolas, on the picnic tables or on the deck chairs. Enjoy your meal while contemplating the landscape surrounded by several species: birds, roses, jasmine...
Celebrate your children's birthday
Organize your child's birthday party in the open air surrounded by Mediterranean flora.
On the agenda:
- Planting a cutting
- Creation of a "Land Art" painting
- Creation of a plant crown
- A guided tour followed by a festive snack.
- Balloons, organic drinks, table service provided
- 2 free entries for parents.
Package of 65 € for 8 children, 7 € per additional child (maximum 12 children).
All year round, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays at the MIP from 2:30 to 4:30 pm.
International Perfumery Museum (MIP)
Visit the garden museum of the MIP located in Grasse. At 20 minutes drive from each other, discover the history of perfumery, the techniques of perfume creation, the objects of perfumery such as bottles, perfumes... The international museum of perfumery is labeled Museum of France.
Opening hours, prices and access
Open from March 25 to November 11: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
The Gardens are closed from November 12 to the last Saturday in March.
Exceptional closure on May 1st.
Free admission (with proof): under 18s, unemployed, disabled, ICOM, 1st Sunday of each month (autumn).
Full price: 4 € (from 18 years old and over)
Half price: 2 € (groups of more than 10 people, students over 18 years old and on presentation of a ticket for one of the MIP/JMIP museums valid for 7 days)
JMIP annual pass - Individual: 10 €.
JMIP annual pass - Family: 12 €.
979 chemin des Gourettes,
Easily accessible by car, 20 minutes from Grasse.
Free parking at the entrance.
Accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
Parking lot: Yes
External access: Yes path with ramp
Building access: Yes path with ramp
Welcome desk: Yes
Interior accessibility : Yes
Seating areas: Yes
Pricing policy: Free admission for disabled people and their companions
Equipment provided: wheelchair loan available
Audio tours: Guided tours by cultural mediator
Adapted sanitary facilities: Yes
Label Tourisme certification: Yes
Contact for the disability advisor:
04 97 05 58 05