PHOENIX PARK NICEShare
In the Phoenix Park, come and meet 70 animal species and 2500 exotic plant species. Meet otters, walibis, marmosets... or even farmyard animals in the small farm. Discover the largest tropical greenhouse in Europe, which houses exotic plants and animals. For your children, the Phoenix Park offers a playful tree climbing course, Nissa'venture.
Various activities and events enliven the park: musical water jet show, egg hunt...! A perfect destination for young and old, just a stone's throw from the sea in Nice.
The botanical garden and its animals
Discover the fauna and flora of the Phoenix Park, which will appeal to young and old alike! The garden is centred around a pond which houses pelicans, swans and ducks in the wild. You can explore several themed areas that display different species:
- Birds: macaw parrots, peacocks, cranes, rheas, raptors, kookaburras and anatidae
- Small mammals: otters, wallabies, porcupines, lemurs, marmosets...
- Reptiles: boas, ridged turtles, iguanas...
Walking through the garden, you will discover Mediterranean plant species and succulents.
The Green Diamond tropical greenhouse
- In a tropical atmosphere, the Phoenix Park invites you to visit the Green Diamond. This pyramid-shaped greenhouse is 25 metres high and has been awarded the "Remarkable Garden" label, making it one of the largest in Europe! Over 7000 m2, six tropical and subtropical climates are reconstituted with their fauna and flora.
In the Phoenix Park greenhouse you will find:
- The Southern African greenhouse: bulbous Liliaceae, flowering Proteaceae, euphorbia rock plants and other plants...
- The central greenhouse: palm trees, coconut palms, pandanus, pothos, Caribbean balisiers...
- The fern greenhouse: tree ferns, undergrowth ferns, epiphytic ferns...
- The Louisiana greenhouse and its pond
- The orchid greenhouse
These areas are home to more than 2,500 plant and animal species, some of which are rare. You will discover turtles, crocodiles, iguanas, Koi carp and pink flamingos.
Take a tour of the Insectarium where you can discover more than 70 different species: butterflies, praying mantises, phasms...
For nature lovers and the more curious, the greenhouse will be your playground!
The little farm
Come and meet the animals with your children at the small farm in Phoenix Park! You will find all the farmyard animals such as: geese, falabellas horses, rabbits, goats, Göttingen pigs...
Try the Nissa'venture tree climbing courses in Parc Phoenix. To go tree climbing, sportswear and closed shoes are required. Children can go on their own or accompanied by their parents. They are equipped with safety equipment for the entire course before they go up.
Discover the routes!
- Courses from 3 to 8 years old
3 different courses are proposed for your children from 3 to 8 years old: Kid 1 - Kid 2 - Kid 3
These courses are coupled with workshops to develop the balance and agility of children while having fun!
Duration of each course: 30 minutes
- Course for children over 8 years old
Kid+ course: course adapted to older children with workshops more than 10 metres above the ground!
Course duration: 30 minutes
- Attraction Quick Jump
A 10m jump into the void that will test your courage!
From 8 years old.
- Fun Box, attraction for children
From 3 to 7 years old, come and discover the net trampoline without a harness, not to be missed!
Paying activity, independent of the Phoenix Park.
- 3 courses (Kid1, Kid2, Kid3) and the trampoline: 12€/person; 10€/group
- 1 course (Kid + and Quick Jump): 9€/person; 7€/group
- Fun Box: 4€/person; 2€/group
Take advantage of the birthday package to spend an exceptional moment:
- Free admission for children celebrating their birthday (upon presentation of an identity card)
- A picnic table can be booked for up to 2 hours
- Hire of a small fridge
- Sweets and decoration can be made if desired.
Animations and activities in the park
Animations and exhibitions
Throughout the year, the park offers activities and exhibitions for children and adults.
- Easter activities: the famous egg hunt and its enigma courses.
- Christmas entertainment
- Annual or temporary exhibition
Attend the musical fountain show in the park for the pleasure of young and old. Thanks to the inflatable structures, play areas and entertainment, your little ones will be delighted!
Your children can take part in fun activities such as the educational farm. During this activity, children make animal prints. The Seed Bombs workshop offers children the opportunity to create a plant bomb. They can plant it in their garden or in a pot to help plants grow.
Snack and picnic areas
Spend a relaxing afternoon and enjoy a lunch break with family and friends!
Go to the Snack Côté Jardin and enjoy its large terrace. Enjoy a moment of relaxation with family or friends in the restaurant, open all year round. There is something for everyone: children's menu, ice creams, drinks, coffee, sandwiches, salads...
Picnic and birthday party
The large lawn of the Phoenix Park is ideal for picnics with family and friends. It is also an ideal place to organise your children's birthdays.
Opening hours, prices & access
1 April to 30 September: 9.30am - 7.30pm
1 October to 31 March: 9.30am - 6pm
Closing time: 1 hour before.
Annual subscription card: €41
Full price: €5.10
Reduced price: 3 €, applicable from :
- Young people aged 12 - 18
- Students on presentation of the student card
- Nice Museum Pass holders
- Group rates: 3.10€ (self-guided tour); 6.10€ (guided tour) - on reservation by mail
Free of charge for :
- Under 12s (up to 3 children per paying adult)
- Inhabitants of the Nice metropolitan area for the first weekend of each month (on presentation of an identity document and proof of residence less than 3 months old)
You can also book your tickets online via the website.
Pram access, changing table
Wheelchair and pram loan subject to availability.
Nearby paid public car parks: Indigo Arénas, Q Park
Close to Nice Côte d'Azur international airport.
By bus: line 9, 10 or 23
By tram: line 2, Parc Phoenix stop
By train: St. Augustin station