MARATHON NICE CANNES
Get your trainers on... and 1 2 3 Go!
The Marathon Nice Cannes returns for the 15th edition on November 05, 2023
Several events are organized to make the marathon accessible to all.
Cover a distance of 42.195 km solo or distances from 3 km to 10.7 km as a team!
To take part, find out all the entry requirements and prices.
Nice Cannes 2023 Marathon
The 15th edition of the Nice Cannes Marathon will take place on November 05, 2023.
It is one of the biggest marathons in France with more than 60 nationalities.
This competition brings together 13,000 runners ready to run a marathon of 42.195 km.
All sports fans are expected to enjoy this course between land and sea!
3 starts are given for the Nice Cannes Marathon:
- 7:57 for the disabled runners
- 8 am for the elite riders
- 8h03 for the rest of the peloton.
All departures are from the Promenade des Anglais opposite the Théâtre de Verdure in Nice.
The finish is on the Boulevard de la Croisette in Cannes.
A prize-giving ceremony is held at the end of the Nice Cannes marathon. Each runner will receive a finisher's prize in recognition of his or her sporting achievement.
This year, your race number will act as your transport ticket, giving you unlimited access to SNCF TER trains all day on October 30, between Nice and Cannes, in both directions!
A marathon accessible to all
The Nice Cannes Marathon is accessible to all. Different formulas are proposed to succeed in doing the 42 km or simply run at your own pace.
For sportsmen: do the 42km
"Distance marathon", run the 42,195 km between Nice and Cannes
Start: Promenade des Anglais in Nice at 8am
Finish: Boulevard de la Croisette in Cannes
Race time: 6 hours
In duo, do the 42 km in 2: "2 x 21.1 km".
The Marathon is divided into two equal parts 21.1 km each
- Relay 1: Nice - Antibes Juan les Pins > 21.1 km
Start of the 1st relay: Promenade des Anglais in Nice at 8am
- Relay 2: Antibes Juan les Pins - Cannes > 21.1 km
Start of the 2nd relay: Route de bord, after the Fontonne stadium in Antibes
Finish : Boulevard de la Croisette in Cannes
Race time : 6 hours for the whole team
Solo: do the 20km
"20 km Nice - Villeneuve-Loubet": run the first part of the 20 km marathon
Start: Promenade des Anglais in Nice at 8:03 am
Finish: Route du bord de mer in Villeneuve-Loubet
Race time: 3 hours
In groups: run the 42 km in teams of 3 to 6
Marathon relay: run a marathon from 3 km to 10.7 km with a team of 3 to 6 runners. This marathon is made up of 5 relay points positioned along the course.
The baton must be passed between two runners at these five relay points:
- Relay Point 1: Saint-Laurent-du-Var > km 8.7
- Relay Point 2: Cagnes-sur-Mer > km 11.7
- Relay Point 3: Villeneuve-Loubet > km 18
- Relay Point 4: Antibes Juan-les-Pins > km 25.3
- Relay Point 5: Vallauris Golfe-Juan > km 36.1
Start: Promenade des Anglais in Nice at 8.03am between SAS 3.15am and 4.30am depending on the level of the first runner in the team.
Finish of the last run: Boulevard de la Croisette in Cannes
Race time: 6 hours
To prepare yourself, do the one & two race at One & 1 in Tourrettes-sur-Loup.
In races that attract large numbers of runners, the organisers provide start locks.
These are specific areas located on the start line. Runners choose them according to an estimated finishing time.
Prices Nice Cannes Marathon
Until 30 June: 65 €
From 1 July to 30 September: 80 € (preferential rate for groups)
From 1 to 24 October: 95 € (preferential rate for groups)
Marathon Duo rate
Until 30 September - Price per team 95.00€
From 1 to 24 October - Price per team 110.00
Rate 20 Km Race
Until 30 September 32.00€
From 1 to 24 October 39.00
Marathon Nice Cannes relay
from 3 to 6 runners
Price per person 48.00€.
These prices include, thanks to your race number which will act as a ticket, unlimited access to the TER SNCF trains on the day of the race in the sector between Nice and Cannes, in both directions.
Conditions for participation
To participate in the 3 events of the Nice Cannes Marathon, you must be born before and in 2001, licensed or not.
You must present one of the following documents:
- An Athlé Compétition, Athlé Entreprise, Athlé Running licence issued by the FFA, or a "Pass' J'aime Courir" issued by the FFA and completed by the doctor, valid on the date of the event.
- Or, a sports licence valid on the date of the event, on which must appear the non-contraindication to the practice of sport in competition, athletics in competition or running in competition.
- Or, a medical certificate of absence of contraindication to the practice of sport in competition dating less than 1 year at the date of the competition.
For the Nice Cannes Marathon relay, a specific runner profile is specified:
Race open to all persons, licensed or not.
- Born in 2007 and before for a 6 person relay.
- Born in 2005 and before for a 5 person relay
- Born in 2005 and before for a 4 person relay
- Born in 2003 and before for a 3 person relay
Handisport runners - information
A "handisport" start will be given in advance from 7.57am
You can register directly on the platform.
- The use of joëlettes with their pushers is authorised (all-terrain wheelchair, with only one wheel) within the limit of 5 joëlettes on the whole event. To report a joëlette, contact the organisation directly before registration.
- Hand bikes or hand cycling are not allowed on the race.
- Bicycles, wheeled and/or motorised vehicles and pushchairs are not allowed on the course, except for those belonging to the organisation.